The third part of an embodied brand is knowing the business strategy behind effective positioning of your brand, so that your brand is saying what it needs to, so it builds effective know, like and trust with your desired audience.
The third part of an embodied brand is knowing the business strategy behind effective positioning of your brand, so that your brand is saying what it needs to, so it builds effective know, like and trust with your desired audience. The foundational piece for this is that you really need to know who your soulmate client is. This is the client who has the money and desire for the results you deliver, that you enjoy working with, and you can deliver WOW results and transformations in their life to deliver on your brand promise. There’s no point in positioning your brand and constantly working with people you need to hustle, to prove the worth of the results you deliver in your business. You need to decide to work with people who have the funds to invest, who you enjoy working with, and truly deeply value what you stand for and stand against as a brand.
Once upon a time, I wanted to help everybody. I realised that wasn’t effective for anyone. In my ideas to help everyone, I really helped no one. I started to resent my business because I wasn’t working with my soulmate client. I felt undervalued, under-appreciated and underpaid. The clients I was working with weren’t at the stage of business or psychology that was required for me to be able to give them all of the information that I had to offer them. It meant that we weren’t in right relationship. I learned through this experience that we need to value what’s in our own unique package that we bring to the table, and truly ask ourselves, who is the person I can help the most with what’s in my unique package? Make sure that you also consider if that person has the money to pay you the value of the results you deliver.
Some entrepreneurs I work with, when I speak to about this, go, but Samantha J., I want to help everyone, even the people that don’t have the money. If this is you, then know that you fi rst need a purposeful and profi table empire before you can create a revenue model in this way. The best place to start is to ensure that you have a revenue model in place that’s got strong product-to-market fi t, which means that you are solving a genuine problem in the market, there is high demand, and there’s product-to-market fi t shown through you being able to deliver that in a way where people are lining up to purchase it, and willing to pay for it at that price, and you are delivering the results you say you will within the product or service.
Align Your Ideal Lifestyle with Your Business
The following questions will show you the key metrics to start to help you get clarity on how to position your unique, high-end empire offer, to know how to deliver it, and the price and time commitments involved.
• How much revenue do you wish to be making in the next 12 months?
• How much profit do you need to be making per month so that you are breaking even (your profit = your expenses of your business)?
• How much money would you need to make to have 3 months’ cash reserve in your bank (total amount of monthly expenses x 3)?
• How many hours will you ideally be working per week?
• How will you be spending your time each week? What will you be doing?
• What will other team members or people be doing? How big do you want your team to be?
• Do you ever wish to sell your business?
• What will your ideal lifestyle look like in 12 months’ time?
Identify Your Soulmate Client
• What are the 3–5 results you are really skilled at delivering?
• Who has been your favourite client to work with?• Who do you enjoy working with, who has the money to pay for the value of the results you deliver?
• What are their core struggles, pains and problems that they come to see you with?
• What are their dreams, hopes and possibilities of what they want in their life?
• What’s keeping them up at night that they are praying for?• What stage of life are they currently in?
• What are their values?
• Describe their lifestyle?
• If they invest in you, what will this mean for their life, business, relationships and health?
• What do they miss out on if they do not get the results that you are promising in their life?
• What are they gaining from not choosing to get these results in their life?
• How much would they pay for this solution?
• What makes you the right person to deliver this solution and how is it different to what others do?
• What do they need to believe in order to commit to purchasing your product or service?
• What terms would they search in google to fi nd the solutions to what you deliver?
• What will they say after your product or service to their friends and family?
• What are their beliefs about health, sexuality, family, relationships, life, business, money and success?
• What are their top values and what’s most important to them in life?
• Where have they gone already to try and have this problem solved?
Creating Your World-Class Brand
There are a few problems that get in the way of effective branding. I am going to take the time to debunk some of these myths for you now.
Problem #1 – You try to sell a product or service rather than the brand, aka your story and energy
People don’t buy your product or service. People buy your brand, aka your story and your energy, and they do business with you based on how they feel when they are interacting with you and your energy. When you are searching for a laptop, you don’t fi nd yourself looking at the tech specifications, nor do you see apple advertising their tech specifications in their branding. You buy a MacBook because of the brand, the story of Steve Jobs as a visionary, and how you feel about interacting with a brand that says you think differently, you are a leader, way shower, innovator.
The Solution – People buy people and brands, not products
Stop trying to sell the product or service, and start to understand how your soulmate clients wish to feel, and if you can give them this feeling throughout your brand interactions, then they will feel like you deeply understand them, and their problem, and will choose to trust in you!
Find an experienced graphic designer and develop a world-class brand identity together that tells us a story of your movement, and places you as the leader modelling this change with your own story at the centre. You can see an example of this on my website www.iamsamanthaj.com/about
Problem #2 – You haven’t communicated what makes you different
You are stuck in comparison. You look to others and you see a million other people doing what you are doing, and you wonder, what makes me different to them? The burden of comparison and feeling like an imposter is overbearing.
The Solution – Develop your unique, high-end empire offer
Work with a mentor to have them help you extract the unique method or genius model that you can use to build authority and influence, and partner with a copywriter to effectively fi nd the language that articulates the language of your soulmate client, who you are, what you do, and what your unique value proposition is. A part of this process is about increasing your internal value and self-esteem. Recognise that no one has your unique package; your story, your energy, your life experiences that have shaped you, have meant you have a way of delivering what you do, in a way no one else does. You need to now start owning it, and being more ok with rejection and caring less what others think, to start standing for it more too!
Problem #3 – You don’t have a clear brand identity
The Solution – Invest in quality branding
Don’t expect to create a 7-figure brand on a $100 logo. If you want to create 7 figures, invest the money at the start of the journey, to give people the best first impression possible. Consistent presentation of a brand has seen to increase revenue by 33 percent (Lucidpress, 2019). An effective brand – including logo, colours, fonts, high quality photo and video – and brand messaging, builds trust. 81 percent of consumers said that they need to be able to trust the brand in order to buy from them (Edelman, 2019). Using a signature colour can increase brand recognition by 80 percent (Reboot, 2018).
Problem #4 – You are speaking to everyone and not your soulmate client
Stop speaking to everyone. Find a niche, or specific area that you wish to be the best in the world at. When we have no idea who we are speaking to, our content is general, broad, wishy washy and doesn’t have the depth needed for that person to be able to know – they understand me and they understand my problem; I trust them!
The Solution – Speak to the soulmate client only
Identify your soulmate client, commit to them and start speaking to their heart, soul and mind every day, and create a relationship with them. See them as a best friend, a family member, and truly build a genuine connection and relationship with them. Your brand needs to speak to them, and what they value most, so they know, like and trust in you, and feel you are the real deal of your message.
Problem #5 – There’s inconsistent messaging
Without a method for how to systematically build our empire, we just kind of go off instinct, without the logical, strategic parts of what we need to focus on to grow the business. It’s time to learn the knowledge you need, so you are investing your time and energy in the right places, and following the steps in the right order, so that your soulmate client knows exactly who you are, who you help, the results you deliver, and through your marketing you are consistently inspiring, educating and elevating them into a state where they trust in you to buy your services, believing they will get the results that you promise you deliver.
The Solution – Write good copy and have clear brand content pillars
Once you have the clarity of knowing your soulmate client, you know their problem, and you know the value they are searching for. Dive deep into understanding their psychology. What beliefs do they have before working with you, and what do they need to believe in order to purchase from you? Develop Samantha J consistent, high-quality content that inspires, educates and elevates them through a marketing funnel that helps them to move into the psychologically-ready place to invest in you and themselves! The World-Class Basic Branding Essentials
Checklist In my business school, I help you to implement all of this. To start the process now, use this checklist and start making it happen!
- Logo with style guide of applications
- Logo variations i.e. horizontal and vertical
- Header font, body font, accent font (for CTAs/buttons/taglines)
- Stock images to reflect your brand
- Professional photos of yourself
- About video conveying your story and the movement’s vision
- Profile photo for social media in brand colours and styling
- Facebook page cover photo
- Facebook group cover photo for your free movement community
- LinkedIn cover photo
- Email banner for your regular newsletter
- Blog post graphic
- 4 x social media quote cards
- IGTV template
- Reel Template
- 2 x social media video square templates
- Branded PDF template for your offer for selling
“Luxury business models provide the profitability for entrepreneurs, to have the time and freedom for their love and family life, so they are deeply fulfilled, as they leave the largest social impact on the planet”. - —Samantha J.Read More